What’s it all about?
Beginning on Ash Wednesday, Lent is a season of reflection and preparation before the celebrations of Easter. Lent is marked by fasting, both from food and festivities, as well as changing things in your everyday life. Here are some of our suggestions that you could sacrifice for the next 40 days:
- Your guilty food pleasure – Whether it be chocolate, cheese or chips, test your willpower for 40 days whilst doing wonders for your weight loss. Small changes in your diet can make a huge difference so embrace Lent and reap all of its benefits.
- Driving to work – Instead, wake up 20 minutes earlier and walk to work, reducing your carbon footprint and fitting exercise into your routine before you even hit the office.
- Negativity– Negativity is not a necessity. The NHS explains that negative feelings can lead to depression. So kick your negative thoughts by getting a good night’s sleep, sticking to a healthy diet, reducing your alcohol intake and regularly exercising.
- Social networking– Everywhere you go, everybody is staring into their phones, hardly watching where they’re walking. Break this social norm and give-up social media, replacing the time you would spend on it with family or exercise.
- Quit smoking – For even just 20 minutes, this can have a positive effect on your body, from your lungs to your brain. But what if you chose to give up smoking for Lent? By 40 days your withdrawal symptoms will be over and you will be well on your way to living a new, healthy lifestyle.
- Fizzy drinks – Fizzy drinks are counteractive to weight loss efforts; one 330ml can of coke contains 160 calories. That means that one can a day, for a year, adds up to 57,600 extra calories to your diet! Not only this but they stain your teeth and destroy 10 times more teeth material than fruit juices. So what’s the desperate need for them in your diet? There isn’t one.
Let us know your lent sacrifices by tagging #The Slimming ClinicLoveLent on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals safely and effectively.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. We are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please clickhttps://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/
For more information about losing weight with The Slimming Clinic, please click here.