Today is most men’s favourite day of the year (if you are totally clueless, do a quick Google search) however the same probably can’t be said for us females. Steaks are full of protein so there is some benefit for us, but we’ve made the day slightly easier by finding a healthy and easy steak recipe for the first half of the day. The other half is up to you ladies…
Peppered fillet steak with parsley potatoes
494 calories per serving (Serves 2)
- 3 large red-skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle extra
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 beef fillet steaks (each about 140g/5oz)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- small knob of butter
- watercress salad, to serve
- Tip the potatoes into a pan of water, bring to the boil, simmer for 2 mins, then drain. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and sizzle gently for 20 mins, tossing occasionally, until golden and crispy all over. When the potatoes are cooked, add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min more.
- Finally, toss through the parsley, season with sea salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, rub the steaks with a drizzle of oil, then press in the black pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, and cook the steaks to your liking (2½ mins each side for medium rare, 3½ mins for medium, 4½ mins for well done).
- Leave steaks to rest for 5 mins, then top with a knob of butter and serve with the potatoes and some watercress salad.
To read more click here