Twelve Days until Christmas Countdown: Day 8
Christmas; the season of family, happiness, good TV and eating LOTS of food. This is the time of year when any diet becomes… what diet!? The average Brit eats an extra 3000 calories on Christmas day and can gain up to 4lbs during the festive season, 34% of whom are still desperately struggling to shed those pounds all the way through until Easter*.
From Christmas dinner, to work parties, to family get-togethers, food is unfortunately the centrepiece of all celebrations. But it doesn’t have to be like that; the change in routine can provide a perfect time to get fit, not fat this Christmas. The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals quickly and effectively. Read The Slimming Clinic’s daily three top tips on cutting out calories, keeping fit and cooking healthy meals for the twelve day countdown to Christmas…
1. Diet: Christmas time is about friends, family and spreading happiness. So focus on the company that you are in, the spirit of the season and shove food to the back of your priority list.
2. Fitness: Follow this link http://www.ramblers.org.uk/what-we-do/events-index/2014/december/festival-of-winter-walks.aspx and find your nearest winter walk. Exposing yourself to the outdoors and winter rays lowers your cravings to eat so grab your friends, your family or even borrow Buster from next door for a crisp, Christmas ramble.
3. Healthy Recipe: Low-fat roasties (201 calories & 6g fat per serving)
- 800g roasting potatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 200ml vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the potatoes and garlic in a roasting tin. Pour over the stock, then brush the tops of the potatoes with half the olive oil. Season, then cook for 50 mins. Brush with the remaining oil and cook 10-15 mins more until the stock is absorbed and the potatoes have browned and cooked through.
To read more on this recipe click here.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. They are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please click https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/
* Statistics found on 01/12/2014 from source: http://www.womanandhome.com/galleries/diet-and-health/34798/1/0/how-to-keep-the-pounds-off-over-christmas#k0tyrW3QIKIk55AC.99