Twelve Days until Christmas Countdown: Day 6
Christmas; the season of family, happiness, good TV and eating LOTS of food. This is the time of year when any diet becomes… what diet!? The average Brit eats an extra 3000 calories on Christmas day and can gain up to 4lbs during the festive season, 34% of whom are still desperately struggling to shed those pounds all the way through until Easter*.
From Christmas dinner, to work parties, to family get-togethers, food is unfortunately the centrepiece of all celebrations. But it doesn’t have to be like that; the change in routine can provide a perfect time to get fit, not fat this Christmas. The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals quickly and effectively. Read The Slimming Clinic’s daily three top tips on cutting out calories, keeping fit and cooking healthy meals for the twelve day countdown to Christmas…
1. Diet: Allow yourself a glass of bubbly….just because you’re being careful, don’t miss out on the celebratory drink – as the glass is smaller, you’ll be drinking less than opting for a cocktail and the bubbles will fill you up quicker meaning you won’t want to drink as much. At 100 calories per glass just ensure that you have planned for it in your daily calorie allowance.
2. Fitness: Check out your local Santa fun run going on this December here. From Santa dashes to jingle bell jogs get running for a great cause – most registrations even provide you with a free Santa suit!
3. Healthy Recipe: Red cabbage with Bramley apple & walnuts (84 calories & 5g fat per serving)
- 1 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 25g butter
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled and grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 25g light muscovado sugar
- handful walnuts, toasted and chopped
Put the cabbage in a wide shallow pan with the butter, apple, bay leaf and cloves. Cook, stirring, until the cabbage starts to wilt. Add the vinegar (stand back and don’t breathe in until the steam subsides), then continue to stir and cook until the vinegar has almost all disappeared. Add the sugar and stir until it has completely dissolved – be careful not to let it burn. Sprinkle with walnuts to serve. This will freeze well but let it thaw completely before gently reheating in a pan or microwave.
To read more on this recipe click here.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. They are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please click https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/.
* Statistics found on 01/12/2014 from source: http://www.womanandhome.com/galleries/diet-and-health/34798/1/0/how-to-keep-the-pounds-off-over-christmas#k0tyrW3QIKIk55AC.99