Twelve Days until Christmas Countdown: Day 11
Christmas; the season of family, happiness, good TV and eating LOTS of food. This is the time of year when any diet becomes… what diet!? The average Brit eats an extra 3000 calories on Christmas day and can gain up to 4lbs during the festive season, 34% of whom are still desperately struggling to shed those pounds all the way through until Easter*.
From Christmas dinner, to work parties, to family get-togethers, food is unfortunately the centrepiece of all celebrations. But it doesn’t have to be like that; the change in routine can provide a perfect time to get fit, not fat this Christmas. The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals quickly and effectively. Read The Slimming Clinic’s daily three top tips on cutting out calories, keeping fit and cooking healthy meals for the twelve day countdown to Christmas…
1. Diet: Don’t eat leftovers – this is what a freezer, friends, family and a compost bin are for!
2. Fitness: Update your iTunes with festive beats and dance at home with yourself to songs like “Jingle Bell Rock” and “Santa Baby”. It’ll get your blood pumping as well as getting you in the Christmas spirit. Load them onto your iPod and workout to them at the gym too. The change in song style can give you that extra buzz that you’ll need to keep you motivated this Christmas.
3. Healthy Recipe: Really simple cranberry sauce (56 calories & 0g fat per serving)
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100ml orange juice, fresh or from a carton
- 250g pack fresh or frozen cranberries
Tip the sugar and orange juice into a pan, then bring to the boil. Stir in the cranberries, then simmer until tender but still holding their shape – this will take about 5 mins if using frozen cranberries or 8-10 mins if using fresh. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Will keep in the fridge for 1 week. On the day, bring to room temperature before serving.
To read more on this recipe click here.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. They are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please click https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/.
* Statistics found on 01/12/2014 from source: http://www.womanandhome.com/galleries/diet-and-health/34798/1/0/how-to-keep-the-pounds-off-over-christmas#k0tyrW3QIKIk55AC.99