Breakfast – Chia Seed Puddings
- 125g punnet raspberries
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, sliced or quartered
- 1 banana, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups Jalna Sweet & Creamy Greek Yoghourt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine the raspberries, strawberries, banana and honey in a bowl.
- Crumble the walnuts into smaller pieces and add the bowl.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- Layer the fruit mix, alternately with the Jalna and chia seeds in four glasses or bowls to serve.
Lunch – Greek Chopped Pitta Salad
Even if the weather isn’t as hot – Go Mediterranean for lunch!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 whole wheat pita, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vinaigrette
Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss thoroughly.
Dinner – Fish Tacos with Summer salsa
(Use Hass avocados which are lighter and more flavourful)
- 1 pound halibut or other meaty white fish fillets
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 x 11 ounce can whole tomatillos, drained
- 4 small zucchinipeeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 8 x 6 inches corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees . Place the fish in a medium bowl and drizzle with half of the lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using your hands, squeeze the juice and flesh from the tomatillos, 1 at a time, into a medium bowl; discard the skins. Mash the tomatillos with a fork. Add the zucchini, the remaining lime juice, the cilantro and 2 teaspoons of the salt and toss.
- Spread the tortillas on 2 baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Remove the fish from the lime juice, pat dry and cover with the spice rub. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the fish, about 4 minutes on each side. Break the fish into bite-size pieces and season to taste with salt. Arrange the fish in the tortillas with some of the salsa and avocado slices.
Summer activities to keep you and your family active:
Pick a National Trust Site
Many National Trust sites are free during seasonal holidays and offer a whole day of adventure. From coast and countryside, historic sites and specific monuments, take a look at the National Trust site and you will be spoilt for choice!
Cheaper than a holiday abroad, camping is the ultimate summer holiday for families. With such an extensive amount of campsites available, you can choose from pitching up your own tent, glamping, or even hiring out a Yurt complete with beds and a kitchen.
A fun outside activity – cut the centres from paper plates and glue two plates together. Decorate them – you now have your hoops, then use a strong cardboard tube as your pole and hey presto – a game of Hoopla.
The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals safely and effectively.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. They are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please click https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/
For more information about losing weight with The Slimming Clinic, please click here.