Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so you don’t want to be missing out on all the vital goodness that’ll brighten up your morning. Try some of these healthy recipes:
Sunny Side up Breakfast – Poached eggs with roasted tomatoes
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First of all you’ll need to pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and arrange the tomatoes in a baking tray. Drizzle the oil over and season with salt and pepper, also sprinkle the thyme on top for added flavour.
- Place them in the oven for about 20min (or until they start to burst). Then take them out to cool while we get the eggs on.
- Now it’s time to heat a pan of water until bubbles start to appear at the bottom. Slowly crack open the eggs (separately) into the bubbling bowl. Keep an eye on them and split your muffin in two and toast it while the egg is slowly cooking. When you see the white is set and the yolk is still runny! (Unless you prefer it set). You can now remove them, careful not to burst the yolk and place onto paper towel to remove excess water.
- Serve the eggs over the toasted English muffin and season to taste with salt an pepper. Also add the tasty tomatoes and bon-appétit!
Lunch – Healthy Pizza Pasta Salad
Layer up pasta with sundried tomato pesto, salami, olives, cheese and basil in this clever healthy lunchbox mix.
- 85g pasta, use a favourite shape
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato pesto
- 85g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 50g light mozzarella, cubed
- 3-4 black olives, halved
- 4 slices salami, sliced into ribbons
- handful basil leaves
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Drain, rinse under cold water to cool, then drain well.
- Toss with the oil and sundried tomato pesto, season to taste.
- Place in a jar or plastic box and scatter over the remaining ingredients in layers, ending with the basil.
Dinner – Poached salmon with courgette and lentil salad
- ½ handful mint stalks (save the leaves for the relish)
- ½ handful parsley stalks (save the leaves for the relish)
- peeled rind 1 lemon (save the rest for the relish)
- 2 salmon fillets, boned removed
- 1 small courgette, peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- ½ fennel bulb, halved then very thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, cut into wedges
- 250g pouch ready-cooked puy lentils
- Fill a pan big enough to fit both salmon fillets with water. Add the herb stalks and lemon rind.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, then leave to bubble for 5 mins to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Add the salmon to the pan, simmer gently for 1 min, then turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave to poach for 5 mins.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate, peel off the skin and scrape away any brown flesh. Leave to cool, then chill until ready to serve.
Three Summer Activities:
Don’t like to rush in the mornings? A lot of people would much rather start the day with a simple activity. Try a relaxing morning stroll or brisk walk as a way of boosting your energy levels and mental sharpness to accomplish your day’s goals.
Get your retro skates or blades out and find some smooth tarmac for a really fun sport! More exciting than walking and a great way of getting from A to B, incorporate roller blading into your routine or as a Sunday family activity along the promenade. In just four minutes, you can burn 54 calories! Get healthy this Summer with rollerblading.
Whether at your local park, garden or beach, get a group together for a game of ultimate Frisbee! A simple activity and one for all ages, a quick game will improve your hand-eye coordination and help you burn calories this Summer through running, jumping and diving.
The Slimming Clinic can help you achieve your weight loss goals safely and effectively.
The Slimming Clinic operate 27 clinics nationwide, specializing in medical weight loss and cosmetic treatments. They are the UK’s largest chain of specialist medical weight loss clinics.
To book a free consultation at one of our clinics, please click https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/
For more information about losing weight with The Slimming Clinic, please click here.