This Halloween we have been on the lookout for our favourite pumpkin recipe and this ‘Healthy Thai Spiced Pumpkin Soup’ from Foodbabe came out at top spot. A perfect option for a light lunch or first course, get into the Halloween spirit and try it today.
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups pumpkin, peeled and small dice (or 1 BPA free-can or container of pumpkin puree)
2 cups vegetable broth, more as needed
2 cups of coconut milk
1 bay leaf
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons red curry paste
½ teaspoon nutmeg
sea salt and pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitos)
4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1. In a pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and pumpkin and cook 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the stock, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme and curry paste and cook for 15-20 minutes, adding more stock as needed.
3. Take off the heat, remove the bay leaf and puree with an immersion blender or regular blender.
4. Place back on the stove and add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper as desired. Heat until warmed through.
5. To serve, place the soup in a bowl and top with the pumpkin seeds and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
The Slimming Clinic rating: 5 out of 5! A great twist from the traditional pumpkin soup and so delicious.
To start your weight loss programme now, book a free consultation with an experienced weight loss doctor on 0800 917 9334 FREE or fill out a https://theslimmingclinic.com/contact-us/book-appointment/.