Christmas is only 12 weeks away and that can only mean one thing- Little Black Dress season is also almost upon us! To help you keep fit and healthy in the up-coming colder season we are launching our #The Slimming Clinic_12WeekChallenge for all slimmers that are looking to lose weight prior to the Festive Season. To learn more about our Little Black Dress challenge visit our Facebook page to find out how you can get involved.
Here are 12 tips for the 12 week challenge for staying on track to fitting into that little black dress for the Christmas festivities:
- Start the countdown to Christmas by setting yourself a fitness goal to help you stay on track and motivated throughout the holiday season.
- Create a special routine for the festive season so you are able to schedule in your workouts throughout this busy time of year.
- If you are strapped for time and find yourself unable to fit in a decent gym session, try some at home workout routines, such as the PIIT28 programme which combines high intense interval training with pilates and cardio exercises all in the comfort of your own home, and it’s only 28 minutes a day.
- Throughout the 12 weeks to Christmas take the stairs rather than using the lift where you can- this will get you moving and help burn a few calories.
- With all the Christmas parties and festivities looming, try switching wine for spirits- but beware of the high sugar content of mixers which can seriously increase the calorie content. Try swapping the coke for soda water.
- To help you stay motivated, try setting a fitness goal with a friend to help encourage each other to be able to fit into your little black dress in time for Christmas.
- If you’re a social butterfly and have quite a few Christmas parties, try switching any alcoholic drinks at a couple of events for soft drinks to help reduce those calories.
- Drinking plenty of water, especially before meals, will help you feel fuller, and therefore you will eat less- it’s also great for beautiful glowing skin.
- Try to make it a goal to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day (chips do not count!) Instead of snacking on mince pies and Christmas cookies, try eating some fruit or vegetables to stay full and healthy between meal times.
- Remember to treat yourself during this festive season, but be careful to not over-indulge. Eat smaller portions, so you are able to eat some treats but still maintain some control over your diet.
- Spinning is a great way to keep fit and burn up to 600 calories in a 45minute session. This is a great way to burn off all of those cheeky mince pies and glasses of mulled wine.
- Dancing is a great way to burn calories, so blast the Christmas tunes and have a good boogie, the festive season is upon us, after all!